We did it! We planted the Butterfly Garden in the misty rain and it looks beautiful. We could not have done it without the help of the following wonderful people:
- Carl Terwilliger from Meadow Beauty Nursery designed our Butterfly Garden, gathered and delivered the plants and taught us all how to plant and care for them. He also talked about the species of butterflies we should expect.
- The Home Depot for their generous donation of eucalytpus mulch and the FSES family who made it happen!
- Our Science Lab teacher, Mrs. Beesley, for coordinating the project and writing grants for funding.
- FSES Administration for their support and encouragement of all things GREEN!
- And finally….to the students and their families (and teachers!) who looked outside at the misty blowing rain showers and gloomy skies and decided to come anyway and work hard with smiles on their faces. We are nothing without volunteers and FSES is lucky to have all of you.
‘Volunteers don’t necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.’ – Elizabeth Andrew